14 January, 2010

Tried and loved: Slytherin

Yes, I admit it. I'm having a huge cruch on CiM! To bad thery're in US as it makes the glass fairly expensive for a poor girl from Sweden. But they have such a beautiful glass assortment!

The day before Christmas, a package with a CiM mix cam from Tuffnell. The first glass I jumped on (as soon as all the chrismassy things were done) was Slytherin. (Yes, I'm also a fan of Harry Potter!). And it's gorgeouse. I haven't had time to make a lot yet, but I couldn't wait to share the beads I did do.

First out is a earring pair where the Slytherin green glass is on the surface:

Here it covers Dirty Martini (also from CiM) and I think they work wonderful together.

Second is an encased floral bead with a base of transaprent dark steel grey from Effetre and flowers in white and Slytherin:

As you can see, the green colour remains rich even when encased.

1 comment:

Noora said...

Thank you for the review, it's helpful! I hadn't realised that Slytherin was such a lovely green :-) It's difficult to tell from the photos in the web shops.